The law office of Mannion Lowe & Oksenendler, P.C. presents the following answers to questions our attorneys frequently encounter as we represent consumers in actions against their insurance companies for refusal to pay claims, failure to defend, coverage disputes, and bad faith. If you have other questions or need advice and representation in a particular matter, contact Mannion Lowe & Oksenendler, P.C. for a free consultation with one of our experienced lawyers.
- Q. How can an insurance company take my premiums but refuse to pay when I have a claim?
- Q. When does an insurance company have a duty to defend me if I’m being sued?
- Q. How can I make my insurance company defend me?
- Q. What is the difference between the duty to defend and the duty to indemnify?
- Q. Can I sue the other party’s insurance company for bad faith if they refuse to accept a reasonable settlement offer from me?
- Q. What kind of damages can I recover in a bad faith action?